Spotting the signs that my child is being bullied?
You know your child best so will be aware if something seems wrong.
The type of behaviour that might be an indication of bullying includes
- a reluctance to go to school;
- unexplained tummy upsets or headaches;
- showing signs of distress on a Sunday night or at the end of school holidays;
- becoming either quiet or withdrawn, or playing up;
- torn clothes and missing belongings;
- seeming upset after using their phone, tablets, computers etc; and
- wanting to leave for school much earlier than necessary or returning home late.
Bullying can have am impact on a child's mental health so if your child is showing signs of serious distress - such as depresssion, anxiety and self harm always see a GP.