Secondary School Resources
These resources were created for Anti-Bullying Week 2020, but can still be used as school resources to help you ‘unite against bullying’ and look at your whole-school approach in your secondary school or with secondary school aged children in your setting.
In the pack (located at the bottom of this page) you will find English and Welsh translations for the following resources:
- Secondary school film
- Lesson plans
- Assembly plan
- Cross curricular activities
- Ideas to help you bring Anti-Bullying Week to life
- Handouts and powerpoint presentations
- Anti-Bullying Week School Poster
All of the ideas in this pack were designed to help schools to celebrate and take part in Anti-Bullying Week - but can still be used as school resources with Key Stage 3 or 4. We’ve designed the resources so they can be adapted to the ever changing situations in schools relating to COVID-19. They could be delivered online, in smaller groups or as whole assembly groups. The resources tackle the issue of face to face bullying and bullying that takes place online.
The pack contains an assembly plan, lesson plan (could be two lessons) and cross curricular activity ideas that are designed to encourage students to think about how we can unite to address bullying both online and offline.
This guidance from the Welsh government may also help you:
- Rights, respect, equality: guide for young people - Guidance to help young people deal with bullying.
- Bullying: posters for children and young people - Posters to display in schools with advice on what to do and who you can tell if you are being bullied.
- Challenging bullying: Rights, respect, equality – Young people - Toolkit to support young people affected by bullying.
Please see below for the video with Welsh subtitles:
We’d like to extend our thanks to the following:
- all the young people involved in developing the the school films. Particularly young people from Cotham School in Bristol who helped us create the film for the pack.
- SafeToNet for being official partners of these resources and showing their continued support for Anti-Bullying Week each year.
- Unique Voice CIC, who developed the films for Anti-Bullying Week 2020. Unique Voice work in schools and the community with children, developing social and emotional skills through creative arts.
- Marcus Leon and Lizzie Jennings who helped us write these resources.