Global Safer Internet Day 2020 is being held on Tuesday 11th February 2020. It is coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre and the theme for 2020 is 'Together for a better internet'. This year the Safer Internet Day campaign will be using the hashtag #freetobe – exploring all of the things that young people should be free to be, when they are online.
The day offers the opportunity to highlight positive uses of technology and to explore the role we all play in helping to create a better and safer online community. It calls upon young people, parents, carers, teachers, social workers, law enforcement, companies, policymakers, and wider, to join together and help to create a better internet. Get involved to play your part!
To stay up to date with #SaferInternetDay2020 plans, you can:
- Register for updates about Safer Internet Day
- Register as a Safer Internet Day Supporter
- Download the campaign toolkit
- Tweet at @UK_SIC
- Follow UK Safer Internet Centre on Instagram @UK_SIC
- Like them on Facebook to stay up to date with the latest SID news
- Visit https://www.saferinternet.org.uk/safer-internet-day/2020